Monday, January 13, 2014

Random Bummer of the Day

I know I've mentioned once or twice (or a MILLION times) that my favorite movie ever is Just One of the Guys.  I love, and I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie.  I've always loved the fashion in the movie, even when it wasn't cool (so say, 1990 until last year).  It dawned on me today that the clothes in the movie could certainly pass for cool outfits today (side note: am I totally dating myself by saying the words "cool outfit?").  There is this one scene where the main character (Terry) wears this amazing white leather outfit...I was nuts about from the first time I saw it.  It was so girly, and when I was little, had this "wow" factor I couldn't explain.  Of course, by the time I was actually old enough to wear such an outfit, I would have been laughed out of my baggy Jenko jean, Simple/Van sneaker wearing high school.  Not to mention I was super overweight so I would probably have looked like a stuffed sausage, but that's neither here nor there.  And now...now that its 2014 and pretty much ANYthing goes fashion wise...I'm too old and too flabby (post two pregnancies) to pull off this adorable getup.  There you have it- my random bummer of the day.  ::Sigh::


No comments:

Post a Comment